The Camp Van Dorn WWII Museum located at 138 Main Street, Centreville, Mississippi, opened to the public in May 2005. Camp Van Dorn was a U S Army Post located in Amite and Wilkinson Counties and served as a training camp from 1942-1945. The 99th (“Checkerboard”) and the 63rd (“Blood and Fire”) infantry divisions trained here and fought in Europe, playing outstanding roles in winning the war. There were also many non-divisional units assigned to Camp Van Dorn. The population of the camp was about 41,000 military personnel at any given time. The museum is dedicated to the honor and memory of the brave men and women who trained and worked at the camp and the important part they played in the winning of World War II. Images shown are selections from the museum’s archived collections.
These materials are presented online for educational purposes only. Images may contain copyrighted material. Use of these materials on websites, in exhibits, or in publications requires the permission of Camp Van Dorn WWII Museumand/or the legal copyright holder. The user bears full responsibility for securing any and all appropriate permissions. Please contact Camp Van Dorn WWII Museum for further information.
Camp Van Dorn World War II Museum Website